Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastien Brunot <sb...@ilog.fr> on 2006/11/07 15:48:46 UTC

Configuring war plugin for using a jar instead of WEB-INF/classes

Hi all,

i've got a war project which pom build section contains the following
statements:

   <!-- Package webapp classes into a jar instead of under
WEB-INF/classes -->
   <plugin>
    <executions>
     <execution>
      <goals>
       <goal>war</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
       <archiveClasses>true</archiveClasses>
      </configuration>
     </execution>
    </executions>
   </plugin>

As a result, all the classes and resources from my war project are
packaged in a jar that is copied in the WEB-INF/lib directory of the war
artifact.

But i don't understand why the war artifact still contains copy of the
classes and resources under WEB-INF/classes... Does anybody think that
i've misconfigured the war plugin ?

Thanks for your help,

Sebastien

RE: Configuring war plugin for using a jar instead of WEB-INF/classes

Posted by Sebastien Brunot <sb...@ilog.fr>.
Issue has been created as MWAR-82
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-82).

Sebastien