Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by "nick@griffonsolutions.com" <ni...@griffonsolutions.com> on 2009/11/11 23:54:34 UTC

Request permission to adapt Contributor License Agreement for my open source project

Hello, I would like permission to use and adapt the Apache individual contributor license agreement form (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt) for my project, Clockwork Web Framework (www.clockworkwf.com). This .NET web framework is licensed under Apache 2.0 and contains several other open source components (many also under Apache licensing). I notice that Twincling has already been granted this privilege (http://twincling.org/node/428).  I intend to modify it in the same way they have. The contributor license grant would be made to Griffon Solutions.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to hearing from you,

Nick

Nick Kellett
CEO / Co-Founder, Griffon Solutions
Email: nick@griffonsolutions.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nicholaskellett
Twitter: @NickKellett or www.twitter.com/nickkellett

Re: Request permission to adapt Contributor License Agreement for my open source project

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM, nick@griffonsolutions.com
<ni...@griffonsolutions.com> wrote:
> Hello, I would like permission to use and adapt the Apache individual
> contributor license agreement form (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt)
> for my project, Clockwork Web Framework (www.clockworkwf.com). This .NET web
> framework is licensed under Apache 2.0 and contains several other open
> source components (many also under Apache licensing). I notice that
> Twincling has already been granted this privilege
> (http://twincling.org/node/428).  I intend to modify it in the same way they
> have. The contributor license grant would be made to Griffon Solutions.
>
> If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to ask. I look
> forward to hearing from you,

Such usage is fine, as long as you don't make any statements that
imply that the ASF in any way endorses your specific project without
first involving the ASF PRC.

> Nick
>
> Nick Kellett
>
> CEO / Co-Founder, Griffon Solutions