Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Greg Huber <Gr...@ricoh.co.uk> on 2008/02/20 16:54:19 UTC

roller-ui/errors/ The Struts dispatcher cannot be found

Hello,

We get the message:

"The Struts dispatcher cannot be found.  This is usually caused by using
Struts tags without the associated filter. Struts tags are only usable
when the request has passed through its servlet filter, which initializes
the Struts dispatcher needed for this tag. - [unknown location]"

If the struts2 tags,  s: are replaced with jstl c: things work as
expected.

roller-ui/errors/403.jsp
roller-ui/errors/denied.jsp

Cheers Greg

Re: roller-ui/errors/ The Struts dispatcher cannot be found

Posted by Greg Huber <Gr...@ricoh.co.uk>.
Hello Dave,

Well the problem manifested itself when we were testing the acegi
authority check.

eg: had two browsers open.  In the first browser was editing a template,
then in the second browser logged out.  Then in the second browser logged
back in with a different user,  then in the first browser tried to save
the template.

Acegi (should)  throws the denied page (403.jsp page from the web.xml)

web.xml:

    <error-page>
        <error-code>403</error-code>
        <location>/roller-ui/errors/403.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

Then saw the ugly tomcat exception page with the below message in the
logs.

"The Struts dispatcher cannot be found.  This is usually caused by using
Struts tags without the associated filter. Struts tags are only usable
when the request has passed through its servlet filter, which initializes
the Struts dispatcher needed for this tag. - [unknown location]"

btw, we had upgraded our acegi to 1.0.5 but there was an error in the
exception handling with this test, so switched to 1.0.6 which seems to
work as expected.

Cheers Greg

Dave <sn...@gmail.com>
23/02/2008 20:15
Please respond to
dev@roller.apache.org

dev@roller.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: roller-ui/errors/ The Struts dispatcher cannot be found

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Greg Huber <Gr...@ricoh.co.uk>
wrote:
>  "The Struts dispatcher cannot be found.  This is usually caused by
using
>  Struts tags without the associated filter. Struts tags are only usable
>  when the request has passed through its servlet filter, which
initializes
>  the Struts dispatcher needed for this tag. - [unknown location]"
>
>  If the struts2 tags,  s: are replaced with jstl c: things work as
>  expected.
>
>  roller-ui/errors/403.jsp
>  roller-ui/errors/denied.jsp

Please do tell: what are the steps to reproduce this problem?

- Dave

Re: roller-ui/errors/ The Struts dispatcher cannot be found

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.