Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by skraaatch <sk...@thenumnum.net> on 2002/09/08 21:12:35 UTC

threads best practice

hi all,
please could someone tell me what the best way to start and run a background
thread is in tomcat? i have a couple of tasks that need to run on a regular
basis to update my db. however, using an initialisation servlet to start the
threads seems to cause problems with the classloader.
many thanks,
aL.

Re: threads best practice

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
I can't imagine why you'd have problems with your classloader.

In any event, I prefer to use context lifecycle events myself.

See http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/12/listeners.html?page=1

You might want to post more details about your classloader problem as it
is possibly only a minor problem.

RE: threads best practice

Posted by Michael Petres <mp...@rogers.com>.
What problems are caused with the class loader?

Michael Petres
InnovObjX Corp.
Web: www.innovobjx.com
Tel: 905-729-2235 x3