Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 18:15:33 UTC

Re: Search doesn't work in Planet Aggregator Roller

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Harsh Gupta
<ha...@indiatimes.co.in> wrote:
> I am using roller 4, the latest version available on roller website.
> I have a planet aggregator roller setup. This planet aggregator has pulled
> the subcriptions from another roller site aggregator.
> My aim is to search from planet aggregator roller. Search says
>
> Showing 1 - 0 of total 0 search results

That "1 - 0 of total 0 search results" is a bug, it should simply say
"Your search returned no results"

> What i see is that planet roller has not created the index, even if i delete
> the existing index and restart roller. It creates 2 files segments, and
> .index-inconsistent something but there is no .cfs file

That's correct. Roller's built-in search facility only searches
against blog entries and comments

- Dave

Re: Search doesn't work in Planet Aggregator Roller

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Harsh Gupta
<ha...@indiatimes.co.in> wrote:
> My planet-aggregator instance is running on 9090 port and i have 3 different
> instances of roller running on 9091,9092,9093. This planet-aggregator has 3
> subscription added to 9090 for these 3 different roller instances. So 9090
> pulls all the blogs from 9091,9092 and 9093.
>
> Now, when i search on planet-aggregator i.e. 9090, it says "Showing 1 - 5 of
> total 5 search results " but it doesn't show any results.
> I have attached the gif image below, of what i see at my end.
>
> These 4 different roller instances are running on 4 separate tomcat
> instances running on 1 linux box and they all share the common index
> directory.
>
> Search works from 9091,9092 and 9093 because these are site-wide integrator
> but doesn't work from 9090 as it has planet integrator.
>
> Am i missing some settings to set or is there a bug in this roller?
> Because what my findings are it doesn't create index for planet-aggregator.
> I have tried this at office and at my home too. But it does create index for
> simple site-wide integrator running on 9091, 9092 and 9093

I don't completely understand the problem you are encountering, but
remember: the Planet Aggregator in Roller DOES NOT support search.
When you do a search in Roller, it searches only the blog entries in
the local instance of Roller.

- Dave

Re: Search doesn't work in Planet Aggregator Roller

Posted by Harsh Gupta <ha...@indiatimes.co.in>.
Hi,

[...]

Thanks
Harsh