Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Cronin <ne...@rackle.com> on 2002/06/28 03:50:45 UTC

problem with FileInputStream/MultipartRequest/Apache ?

hello,

I have a multipart/form-data form that I am using to upload images.  I
am using com.oreilly.servlet.MultipartRequest to parse the contents of
the form submission.  the image is serialized into an Oracle blob.

this works fine using Tomcat's http server, but serialization is not
working using the the Apache warp connecter.  no exception is thrown,
and the rest of the app works fine.  there is *some* data being stored,
but I'm not sure what.

are there any know problems using FileInputStream with MultipartRequest
with Apache's http server?

/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
Apache/1.3.19 on Redhat 7.1

any ideas on where to get started?

thanks in advance,
neil

RE: How often would Tomcat crash?

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@msn.com>.
Hello Peter,

I'm just guessing but if your tomcat service was running and IIS was
running, you had a failure in your redirector.  It's tough to say,
without knowing whether port 8080 showed responses.

To get a better idea, check your redirector log file.  Also, you can
change your logging status to "debug" for your redirector to get a more
complete log.  To change the status, open the registry
HKLM->Software->Apache Software Foundation->Jakarta Isapi
Redirector->1.0

Change log_level value to debug

There are probably other log levels, (info maybe) but I don't know them.

-Andrew

Posted by Prashanth Pushpagiri <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hello peter,

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.