Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Wooten <wo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/21 19:53:37 UTC

Getting an odd error when following example on Maven example page.

[WARNING]

DEPRECATED: Binding aggregator mojos to lifecycle phases in the POM is
considered dangerous.
This feature has been deprecated. Please adjust your POM files accordingly.

Offending mojo:

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin:2.1:dependency-convergence

Project: com.areteq:RedactionEngine:jar:1OT
POM File:
/Users/woo/Development/workspaces/Qworkspace/RedactionEngine/pom.xml

[INFO] [project-info-reports:dependency-convergence]
[INFO] [project-info-reports:dependencies]
[INFO] [statemgmt:end-fork]
[INFO] Ending forked execution [fork id: -1708897855]
[INFO] [site:site]
[INFO] Unable to load parent project from a relative path: Could not find
the model file
'/Users/woo/Development/workspaces/Qworkspace/RedactionEngine/../pom.xml'.
for project unknown at
/Users/woo/Development/workspaces/Qworkspace/RedactionEngine/../pom.xml
[INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.
[

I think I'm doing what the page said to do to aggregate.  Apparently we
shouldn't do that.

/Deep6MasterPOM
   pom.xml
/QWorkspace
   Foundation
       pom.xml
   Engine
       pom.xml
   GUI
       pom.xml

The Deep6MasterPOM has a pom with some defaults

Each of the others uses that one as a parent, viz.
      <parent>
    <groupId>com.areteq</groupId>
    <artifactId>Deep6MasterPOM</artifactId>
    <version>1</version>
  </parent>

Now, they all have the same parent reference.  Engine has a dependency on
Foundation, and GUI has a dependency on Engine and Foundation.
They don't seem to use a consistent way of finding the parent.  Engine seems
to locate it, but GUI with the same reference seems to be looking in the
wrong directory.  do this things "chain"?

I thought this was similar to a Make file in that dependencies would be
resolved.  I.e. if I do mvn site:site on GUI, it would be sure Engine was
ready, and that Master was ready and finish.

The reason for this is that Deep6 will have about 5 different Eclipse
projects under it. Each gets built, a jar created, and the a final release
is built using all of those.  I'm wanting to do it using Maven so
that I can use the JDepend plugin on the last level to check that I don't
have cross-package and cross-project references, but only "one way"
references, up the "tree".

I have all of this working in Eclipse, but want to use the JDepend and other
code analysis targets to get better quality.

Suggestions on the simple way to get this to work without using aggregation,
which is given in an example.