Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by prasanna bhat <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/15 16:15:28 UTC

Ordered execution of multiple thread groups

Hi,

I have a use case where in the entire test case has to be split into
multiple thread groups.

Say:
 +Thread Group 1:
 ++Components

+ Thread Group 2
++Components

+Thread Group 3
++ Components

 +Thread Group 4
 ++Components

 +Thread Group 5
 ++Components

Is there a feature in JMeter that allows me to control the execution of
these thread groups in order. What i mean here is can i execute Thread
Group1 first  then execute Thread Group 2, Thread Group 3 and Thread group
5.

Browsing through the JMeter user manual, i found Module controller can be of
some help here.

It will be great if some one can illustrate how this can be done.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Re: Ordered execution of multiple thread groups

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Test_Plan

Run thread groups consecutively.

Posted by prasanna bhat <pr...@gmail.com>.
Well, a couple of mistakes from my side by over looking the options
available at the test plan.

Thanks Sebb.

Prasanna

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.