Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2021/10/21 20:52:56 UTC

[DISCUSS][VOTE] Deprecation of Common LISP bindings?

@all,

THRIFT-5410 “CL build broken: Component :NET.DIDIERVERNA.CLON.TERMIO not found” is open for months now, and CI is still not fully working because of it.

Because of the obvious lack of community interest in Common Lisp (we have only two tickets for it in total in JIRA) and the lack of contributions of any kind, I propose to deprecate the Common LISP bindings per 0.16.0 and finally remove it with whatever follows after 0.16.x

According to Apache’s Lazy Consensus policy, if there is no significant opinion against it, I move forward with creating a ticket and adding the deprecation message at the end of next the week to master. I will also comment it out to get CI green again and last not least take care about the necessary follow-up after next release (i.e. removal from the code base).

[   ]  +1 yes, deprecate it
[   ]  0   no opinion
[   ]  -1 don’t deprecate, because __________________________________

Have fun,
JensG

Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Deprecation of Common LISP bindings?

Posted by Ben Craig <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Randy Abernethy <ra...@rx-m.com>.
+1