Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Toby Hobson <to...@btinternet.com> on 2008/05/20 00:17:44 UTC

T5 cross-form validation

Hi

According to the T5 site:

"After the fields have done their processing, the Form emits a"validate" event. This is a chance to perform cross-form validationthat can't be described declaratively."

I understood this to mean that a validate event will be fired after the individual fields have been validated, but it seems this is not the case. I have found that validate events are fired for each of the fields on the form but not for the form itself so I need to put my cross-form validation in my success handler. Not a big problem but I think the docs should be clarified. Personally I think it would be useful to fire a validate event after the individual fields have been validated.

Toby