Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by th...@kodak.com on 2008/02/07 02:31:30 UTC

RE: Line Thickness of a SVG-Worldmap

Hi Vincent,

"V. de Weger" <ba...@beno-delft.nl> wrote on 01/22/2008 02:03:10 PM:

> I've been looking at the use of the % in the css. I wonder if there is a
way
> to use this, but not relative to the viewbox but relative to the visual
part
> of the svg on the screen?

   In SVG % is normally relative to the enclosing view port.  Several
objects in SVG create view ports (svg element, use element, image element,
probably others).  This might let you do what you want but I'm not really
sure what you want to do.

RE: Line Thickness of a SVG-Worldmap

Posted by "V. de Weger" <ba...@beno-delft.nl>.
Thomas, we have an application (Java-swing) that shows a roadmap. Some roads
are that 'important' that we want to show them clearly on all zoom levels.
However in a detailed level it is kind of ugly to show very thick lines
--which we need for the other zoom levels --. So what I like to do is change
the thickness according to the zoomlevel. I can do that after every zoom
with the application code, but I wonder if it is possible in the .css?

Vincent