Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Phani Madgula <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/25 11:50:46 UTC

Deployment plans

Hi,

We have an enterprise application archive that has several submodules
(WAR,JAR and RAR) within it. If we provide module level geronimo deployment
plans as well as a geronimo-application.xml plan for entire application, how
is the order of the precedence??

Can a Geronimo user provide plan at the module scope as well as at the EAR
scope??  How is the plan evaluated ??

Thanks in Advance.
Phani

Re: Deployment plans

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Apr 25, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Phani Madgula wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have an enterprise application archive that has several
> submodules (WAR,JAR and RAR) within it. If we provide module level
> geronimo deployment plans as well as a geronimo-application.xml plan
> for entire application, how is the order of the precedence??
>
> Can a Geronimo user provide plan at the module scope as well as at
> the EAR scope??  How is the plan evaluated ??

There are 3 places a [partial] plan can be for an ear, and they are
used in this order:

1. external plan
2. ear level geronimo-application.xml
3. module level geronimo|openejb-*.xml

So, anything in an external plan takes precedence over bits in (2) or
(3) configuring the same module.  Anything in (2) takes precedence
over a module level plan.  If a module level plan is missing from (1)
its looked for in (2),then (3); if missing from (1) and (2), then its
looked for in the module (3).

There is no attempt to merge plans from these different locations:
e.g. if there's something in (1) for a module, any other plans are
ignored.
thanks
david jencks