Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/19 12:24:23 UTC

JCR commons and Jackrabbit 2.0

Hi,

While preparing the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi 2.0 release for Jackrabbit 2.0
I realized that we'd also need to release an upgraded version of the
jackrabbit-jcr-servlet component to get clean 2.0 RMI support included
in the Jackrabbit 2.0 release.

Handling these dependencies and separate releases seems much more
complex than it should be, and I'm seriously considering simply
copying those components back to the main Jackrabbit trunk to avoid
the complexity. WDYT?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: JCR commons and Jackrabbit 2.0

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:24, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While preparing the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi 2.0 release for Jackrabbit 2.0
> I realized that we'd also need to release an upgraded version of the
> jackrabbit-jcr-servlet component to get clean 2.0 RMI support included
> in the Jackrabbit 2.0 release.
>
> Handling these dependencies and separate releases seems much more
> complex than it should be, and I'm seriously considering simply
> copying those components back to the main Jackrabbit trunk to avoid
> the complexity. WDYT?

+1

regards
 marcel