Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/10/31 20:48:16 UTC

jasper snapshot moved ?

Hi devs,

The Myfaces JSF 1.2 effort has a maven dependency on the new jasper SNAPSHOT.  I'm seeing build errors now because the maven client cannot locate the jasper artifacts - were any jars recently moved [1]?  Can you tell me where they have/will be moved to?

[1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/

Thanks in advance for any help here,

Dennis Byrne

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
I don't think any such jars were moved intentionally.  But the
minotaur wipeout last weekend and subsequent restoration effort have
led to, among other things, some of the repo synchronizations being
screwed up.  The data that was restored is ~2 weeks old, and that's
before the 6.0.0 jars were put in Maven.

Yoav

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/06, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> wrote:

> was there an official process for this? so that we can build it into our
> scripts so that we can do it automatically when we do releases

These were the (pre-release) snapshots I deployed after this thread:

   http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-6-EL-jars-t2413280.html

I did it with 'mvn deploy:deploy-file ...' which requires that you
have Maven 2 installed.  There are Ant tasks available [1], but I've
never used them.

Deploying snapshots is separate from the release process, which is
being discussed in a different thread [2].

[1] See download and documentation links on http://maven.apache.org/
[2] http://www.nabble.com/Testing-Tomcat-6.0.0-alpha-t2513820.html

--
Wendy

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
was there an official process for this? so that we can build it into our
scripts so that we can do it automatically when we do releases

thanks
Filip

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/31/06, Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> If you do it, you can publish the real 6.0.0 jars, since they're out.
> It's only an alpha, but there's a matching tag in svn, so it's
> definitely more maintainable.

The 6.0.0 jars can go in the rsynced Maven repository after it passes
a vote.  I commented on the other thread, the only vote I've seen was
on the release plan.

Have the poms been written yet?  [1]  I got away with minimal
generated poms for the EL jar snapshots, since they have no
dependencies.  Do any of the other 6.0.0 jars have required
dependencies?

[1] pom == project object model, the xml file that goes along with
each artifact.  For more than you wanted to know, see
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2006/jw-0529-maven.html

--
Wendy

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> wrote:
>
>> The Myfaces JSF 1.2 effort has a maven dependency on the new jasper
>> SNAPSHOT.  I'm seeing build errors now because the maven client cannot
>> locate the jasper artifacts - were any jars recently moved [1]?  Can
>> you tell me where they have/will be moved to?
>>
>> [1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/
>
> As Yoav mentions, they were lost when minotaur was restored from an old
> backup.
>
> I'll deploy new 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT jars tonight unless someone beats me to it.

If you do it, you can publish the real 6.0.0 jars, since they're out.
It's only an alpha, but there's a matching tag in svn, so it's
definitely more maintainable.

Rémy

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
> On 10/31/06, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll deploy new 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT jars tonight unless someone beats me to it.
>
> Correction:  I'll deploy 6.0.1-SNAPSHOT jars tonight.

This is done.  The commands used to deploy the jars are below.  This
requires Maven 2 to be installed, and unless you configure a private
key in settings.xml, you'll have to answer two or three password
prompts per jar.

mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=output/build/lib/el-api.jar
-DgroupId=org.apache.tomcat -DartifactId=el-api
-Dversion=6.0.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
-DrepositoryId=apache.snapshots
-Durl=scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=output/build/lib/jasper-el.jar
-DgroupId=org.apache.tomcat -DartifactId=jasper-el
-Dversion=6.0.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
-DrepositoryId=apache.snapshots
-Durl=scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

And MyFaces 1.2 is building again. :)

--
Wendy

Re: jasper snapshot moved ?