Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ac...@saysit.com on 2003/04/10 10:37:07 UTC

tomcat-apache-modssl question

Hi all.
I know this topic has been discussed before, so my apologies for asking
again.
I have apache2 collaborating with tomcat via mod_jk.
Sometime soon, I will need to use mod_ssl with apache2.
How does this affect tomcat ?
Where do I find more relevant information before I plunge in. ?
TIA

Re: tomcat-apache-modssl question

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:27:49 -0400, Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org> wrote:

> From experience jk works "perfectly" (with respect to my needs). From an
> admin point of view, I don't change my system unless it is security
> related. I try not to apply patches or do anything else to a production
> system unless it fixes a bug or adds functionality that an application
> requires. So in my production systems, I am dragging my feet to move to
> jk2 since I don't want to break something that works great.

Word.

> -Tim

John

Re: tomcat-apache-modssl question

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
JK is definitely production ready. You'll need to stress test your site in
your config to see if JK2 meets your needs. (Which you should already be
doing when working with jk)

There will not be a day when the tomcat committers officially deem JK2 to be
production ready. Each committer might have a differnet opinion on how ready
jk2 is ready for production. But each one has their own reasons for their
answer. They are recommending users use jk2 instead of jk since that is where
their attention is.

 From experience jk works "perfectly" (with respect to my needs). From an

Posted by "Mark W. Webb" <ma...@dolphtech.com>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.