Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/17 19:06:22 UTC

Spanish characters and Acegi authentication

This is the first time I've run into this!

A login page. The form submits directly into Acegi for authentication.

The username is: aáéÉíóúñÑ¿¡«» (I'm told these are spanish characters :-)

But when the string arrives in the DAO that looks up the user it looks
like this...

aáÃ(c)ÉíóúñÃ'¿¡«»

Now when I use the Fiddler proxy I can see the string encoded for
transport as this:

j_username=a%C3%A1%C3%A9%C3%89%C3%AD%C3%B3%C3%BA%C3%B1%C3%91%C2%BF%C2%A1%C2%AB%C2%BB

Luckily this app is a reimplementation of an ASP app and we have
access to the legacy app.

When the legacy app login page submits the username looks like this in proxy...

strUserName=a%E1%E9%C9%ED%F3%FA%F1%D1%BF%A1%AB%BB

I'm at a loss to explain why the encoded username would be different.
Same browser, the only diff is that one is ASP and one is
Java/Tapestry (on Jetty but the same problem shows on Tomcat).

Any ideas?

Geoff
--
The Spindle guy.          http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:

Re: Spanish characters and Acegi authentication

Posted by Sergei Dubov <sd...@gmail.com>.
Geoff,

That's not Spanish characters, come on... It's just ASCII garbage. :-)

-S.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
I've been pulled to another part of the project and have to let this
go for a while. Rest assured this thread is "starred" in my gmail!

Not sure how the server locale comes into it. It's the same IE browser
instance for both sites. Niether application platform (tapestry or
ASP) is setting any content type (other than text/html) or charset.
But the form post back, as viewed in the proxy,  is different.

Geoff

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.