Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Qiang Li <ql...@appannie.com> on 2016/09/17 02:34:42 UTC

Spark output data to S3 is very slow

Hi,

I ran some jobs with Spark 2.0 on Yarn, I found all tasks finished very
quickly, but the last step, spark spend lots of time to rename or move data
from s3 temporary directory to real directory, then I try to set

spark.hadoop.spark.sql.parquet.output.committer.class=org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.parquet.DirectParquetOutputCommitter
or
spark.sql.parquet.output.committer.class=org.apache.spark.sql.parquet.DirectParquetOutputCommitter

But both doesn't work, looks like spark 2.0 removed these configs, how can
I let spark output directly without temporary directory ?

--
*This email may contain or reference confidential information and is
intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed.  Please refrain

Re: Spark output data to S3 is very slow

Posted by Qiang Li <ql...@appannie.com>.
Tried several times, it is slow same as before, I will let spark output
data to HDFS, then sync data to S3 as temporary solution.

Thank you.

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,