Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/01/05 22:21:03 UTC

What is correct configurations to build Helix master with unit tests.

Hi Devs,

I am new to Apache Helix and pretty interesting to the project. I tried to
building Helix master with "man clean install" as mention in here[1], what
I want is to build the project with unit tests. But build fails with
following error, I doubt that set of integration tests also run with this
command.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:714)

I ran "ulimit -u" and output is 709. What is the correct value I need to
set to resolve above issue. Are there any other configuration parameter i
need to care about to avoid build issues like this?

As a distributed system enthusiastic I would like to contribute for the
project. I have fair background of distributed systems with what we (Group
of 4 students, including myself) did for our undergraduate project,A
Distributed System Management Framework with User-Define Management Logic.
Here is the paper we published on ITNG conference (
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2497038). and I am contributing to Apache
Airavata which is also distributed system framework for Science Gateways.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HELIX-77

Re: What is correct configurations to build Helix master with unit tests.

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
The ulimit seems to very small. Can you set it to something like 50000 or
unlimited if possible.

thanks,
Kishore G