Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rakhi Khatwani <rk...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 13:13:01 UTC

Unexpected termination of a job

Hi,
        I am running a job which has lotta preprocessing involved. so whn i
run my class from a jarfile, somehow it terminates after sometime without
giving any exception,
i have tried running the same program several times, and everytime it
terminates at different locations in the code(during the preprocessing...
haven't configured a job as yet). Probably it terminaits after a fixed
interval).
No idea why this is happeneing, Any Pointers??
Regards,
Raakhi Khatwani

Re: Unexpected termination of a job

Posted by Arvind Sharma <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Have you tried after increasing  HEAP memory to your process ?

Arvind

Posted by Rakhi Khatwani <rk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.