Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by jey g <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/28 17:23:47 UTC

JavaBean Deserializer requires an Empty Constructor

I am a newbie using Axis. Just wanted to share with
the list that javabean deserializer works only when
the javabean has an Empty Constructor. I had a bean
with getters, setters and a constructor that took in
all the attributes, but no empty constructor. Axis did
not complain and the XML back and forth looked
correct, but Axis seemed to be deserializing
incorrectly - the attributes in the constructed object
were mangled and incorrect. E.g. attributes
name="Elmo", value="Red" were constructed as
name="Elmo", value="Elmo". The moment I added an empty
constructor, it worked fine.
thanks,
jolly

Make Yahoo! your home page