Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by smashingwebs <br...@smashingwebs.com> on 2002/07/17 03:02:14 UTC

Bug in tomcat 3.2.3

Hi, my version of tomcat (3.2.3) has crashed. I am using it with
Win 98.

The problem is I get the following error message when trying to access
a page within a directory:

Internal Servlet Error:

Root Cause:

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspCompiler.getClassName(JspCompiler.java:151)

All this started when I tried to access a jsp page that called for a bean class that
I forgot to add. When I added the bean and tried to re-run it, It said that it couldnt
find that page even though I know the page was there and in the correct directory.
The funny thing is that it wouldnt find that page no matter what I named the file.
The only time it would find the page is when I removed ALL the code on that
page and replaced it with "TEST". Then it decided to not find ANY of the pages
in that directory and now gives me the above error.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it fixable or should I try erase and reinstall
tomcat? Please help.......

Regards, Brennan

P.S. Tomcat works ok when I try to look at files in other directories such as
the number guessing game it came with.......

Re: Bug in tomcat 3.2.3

Posted by smashingwebs <br...@smashingwebs.com>.
Thanks for the idea....that solved some of the problem.
It now finds the other jsp files in the directory but it still
wont find the original file no matter what I change
the file name to. The only way is if I change the coding
in the file to something simple...strange.........

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Bug in tomcat 3.2.3

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.