Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/26 18:05:32 UTC

Airavata Client Exception handling

Dev,

We need to do better job in exception handling of the airavata client code. Currently lot of methods in airavata client have poor exception handling. I have created a JIRA task for this  and will work to fix this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-659 but exception handling need to be given higher preference. Please review other parts of client code also for such problems.

Thanks
Raminder

Re: Airavata Client Exception handling

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Completely agree... Exception handling should have high priority. Currently
all functions in the API already has exception handling built-in
(AiravataAPIInvocationException) & existing users should be able to use
them. The nested exception can be used by the users for detailed
explanation. What Raminder talks here I think is having specific exceptions
thrown rather than users having to use the nested exception. +1 for that.

Raminder, while you are at it please have some feedback on the API as
well... There is alot of space for improvements from experience POV.

Regards,
Saminda