Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by osci <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 23:01:11 UTC

Re: JSVGCanvas "not a JavaBean"

I just finished setting up JSVGCanvas as a JavaBean in Netbeans. Do this:

1) Under the Tools menu select Palette Manager and then Swing/AWT components
2) You'll see a list of categories here. If you want to add the JSVGCanvas
to one of those categories you can proceed to the next step. I created a new
'Batik' category using the New Category... button
3) Click the Add from Jar... button
4) Locate your Batik-1.* directory and select the 'lib' directory inside it.
5) Click batik-swing.jar and then the Next button
6) Presumably you only need to select JSVGCanvas from the list of components
that appears. I wasn't sure so I selected all of them. Make your selection
and click Next
7) Choose the category you want the component(s) to reside in and click
finish
8) Close the Palette Manager and you're off to the races.
9) If you're creating a GUI with the GUI builder you should now see the
JSVGCanvas in the Palette window :-D

p.s.

You'll find basically the same information if you do a search for 'Adding a
Bean to the Palette Window' in the NetBeans Help Contents