Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Steele, Richard" <ri...@steelezone.net> on 2012/04/19 15:55:45 UTC

Using conf mapping "@->#"

I'm trying to wrap my head around the conf mapping of "*->#" (and it's
older cousin, "*->@").  Here's what the Ivy 2.2 docs say:

since 1.4 '#' can be used as right side operand to mean 'this'
configuration, and thus refers to the configuration being resolved. It is
slightly similar to @, except that it takes into account the configuration
being actually resolved in case of a configuration extending another one.

Example:
Let's foo be a module with two configurations, A and B, B extending A.
Then a dependency declaring conf A-># will get A dep conf in its confs A
(when resolving A, ivy will find interpret the # symbol as A) and B dep
conf in its conf B (when resolving B, ivy will interpret the # symbol as B,
even if this dependency is only required because of the A dependency).

If you don't understand really how this works, do not use it :-)

I think I want to use it but the last sentence made me laugh because,
needless to say, I don't understand the explanation.

Can anyone provide some concrete examples?

Thanks,
Rich