Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> on 2017/03/16 16:34:12 UTC

Re: [gemfire-dev] Geode Modularization Proposal

Looks good!  I’m very interested in adding a well-defined extension mechanism to geode.  IMO, that is an important characteristic of successful open source communities.  Looking forward to more details :-)

Anthony

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Yes OSGI containers were a nightmare! Take a peak over at JBoss Modules
[1]. I used this extensively in a previous life and it was a cinch to have
different versions of jars deployed in the same application container.

[1] https://github.com/jboss-modules/jboss-modules

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.