Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/15 23:00:34 UTC

Jenkins skipping PreCommit for a PR caused build failures on master.

Jenkins had an outage which caused it to skip PreCommit execution for PR
#1332 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/1332>.

I reviewed this PR, and merged it.
I failed to notice that Jenkins skipped it, and so I merged it with a
missing license and checkstyle errors.

This spread-out across 3 PRs and a ticket now so I'll summarise here:

   - Participating PRs: #1362
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/1362> #1364
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/1364> #1332
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/1332>
   - Jenkins outage skipped (at least 1) PreCommit execution.
   - A simple mvn install/verify won't execute checkstyle anymore, use:
   "mvn -Prelease clean verify"
   - Kenneth Knowles mentions we might have an issue with our configuration
   as "mvn rat:check" fails on master (even after rollback)

Let's continue in this thread.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Jenkins skipping PreCommit for a PR caused build failures on master.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Dan!

`mvn apache-rat:check` appears to work on a clean master, but not my
checkout. I'll investigate where .gitignore and our configuration have
diverged. The report continues to include all excluded git blobs.

Can we disable the old plugin somehow?

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.