Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org> on 2018/02/22 10:21:45 UTC

Testing seems broken!

Hi folks,

I've found a strange discrepancy between tests our surefire maven plugin
discovers compared to what eclipse discovers. Eclipse discovers more
tests, which is a rather *SEVERE* issue regarding our current surefire
setup!

I've opened an issue [1] to investigate this.

I already fixed all failing tests (as picked up by eclipse, but not with
surefire) within the 'core/metamodel' [2].

That lead to the discovery of 2 bugs [3][4] in 'master' and a
discrepancy between doc and code [5].

Cheers, Andi!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1869

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1866

[3]
https://github.com/apache/isis/commit/dd9588d9e76b21dca07eb36956eca1f462d90fb7

[4]
https://github.com/apache/isis/commit/2d1c331d8dfe59381014ce5f07df0733c496020e

[5]
https://github.com/apache/isis/commit/d938728320057c01bb078fb0650cfb0a5bef4249

Current state of branches

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Summarizing current state of branches:

== master (2.0.0-M1)

* simpleapp/helloworld do not compile on my eclipse checkout
* allows disabling of footer
* making progress with removing guava from API (applib)
* swagger-ui now packaged with metamodel (removed from example apps and artifacts)
* local-resource links fixed (by introducing LocalResourcePath value type), allows proper actions that link to swagger-ui or object's restful-API
* further refactored reusable code into Internal API (algorithms for byte array processing: base64 encoding + compression)
* pulled in all code necessary for JavaEE support from M2
* all JUnit Tests pass

== 2.0.0-M2

* has name 'dev/2.0.0-M2-cherrypicked' and is rebased on today's master (M1)
* simpleapp/helloworld do not compile on my eclipse checkout

Cheers,
Andi

Re: Rebasing again

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
When pulling in changes from M2 into M1, I needed to do some
hand-picking of code fragments. In the process we lost some original
commit history, replaced by consolidated commits with issue ISIS-1871 [1].

Instead of re-basing our latest M2 on top of the newly assembled M1, I
branched off on M1 fresh and cherry-picked commits only related to the
transition to DN-5.

The new branch for M2 is 'dev/2.0.0-M2-cherrypicked', which may be
renamed to its original after review.

Cheers,
Andi

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1871

Rebasing again

Re: Testing seems broken!

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 at 13:53 Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org> wrote:

> Update:
>
> It seems for test-inclusion surefire defaults to a naming-convention
> [6], which we clearly do not always follow:
>
>   * |Test*|
>   * |*Test|
>   * |*TestCase|
>
> However, we are able to override this behavior and include all tests
> regardless of naming. I've pushed the updated pom.xml to 'master'
> (2.0.0-M1). We have some tests to  fix now, that went 'hidden' previously.
>
> This might be a candidate do be back-ported to 1.16.x.

I'm hoping there won't be any more 1.16.x or 1.17 releases, so let's not
bother backporting.

Onwards and upwards!

Cheers
Dan

Re: Testing seems broken!

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Update:

Re: Active branches rebased

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Thanks, Andi, appreciate the work you're doing paying back some of our
technical debt!

Cheers,
Dan.

Active branches rebased