Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sam Smith <ap...@itab.com> on 2002/07/25 22:16:28 UTC

?

I'm sharing a server with another webmaster and he likes the wildcard
method:

NameVirtualHost *:80

and

<VirtualHost *:80>

He changed all the VHs to the "*" method.

I'm used to:

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.100

and

<VirtualHost www.domain.com>

I'm seeing some strange things in the logs so I wanted to go back to my way
on just one VH but it broke all the others.

By changing just one VH, that was in the middle of the list somewhere, it
caused requests for any VH on that server to go to the only one using the
<VirtualHost www.domain.com> method.

#1. The methods can't be mixed?

#2. Is the "*" method cool or does it have some limitations/problems?

Thanks,
sam

Re: ?

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
I mean IP addresses instead of email addresses of course.

Re: ?

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,

Re: ?