Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com> on 2006/08/20 01:27:31 UTC

axis 1.4 questions

Hello:
a. Is it possible to generate only the java beans for the complex type
mentioned in the wsdl using axis1.4 wsdl2java
b. Also is it possible to get a sample soap message for a given
webservice and operation using axis 1.4. If not is there any other tools
available.

Thanks for your time and help,
Ravi

Re: axis 1.4 questions

Posted by Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com>.
Hello:

Well I figured out a way for the first question. Thought this may be
useful if somebody else wanted to generate only the javabeans.

Basically, Axis1 has a class called org.apcahe.axis.JavaGeneratorFactory
which is used to give all the generators inclusing the stubs and
interfaces. I extended this class and override 2 methods as below:
public Generator getGenerator(Binding binding, SymbolTable symbolTable) {
        return new NoopGenerator();

    }    // getGenerator

    public Generator getGenerator(Service service, SymbolTable
symbolTable) {

            return new NoopGenerator();
    }    // getGenerator

When the wsdl2java is called the customised factory class is provided
using the -F option

wsdl2java -F customizedJavaGeneratorFactory

Also since the javabean class by default referes to some axis classes, I
used the -H option so that the helper class can take care of the axis
classes and I can be able to use the java bean as data objects and
easily sent across instead of worrying about the axis class whereever it
is not necessary.

Regards,
Ravi

Re: axis 1.4 questions

Posted by Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com>.
Thanks Manuel.

Regards,
Ravi

Re: axis 1.4 questions

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: axis 1.4 questions

Posted by José Ferreiro <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ravi,

My message answers only to your second question denoted  B.
I was investigating last friday the different tools to view the soap
messages
from the web services I am writting using Axis 1.4:

See

http://www.oio.de/m/jaxrpc/axis-tcp-monitor.htm

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

see Appendix: Appendix : Using the Axis TCP Monitor (tcpmon)
[
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#AppendixUsingTheAxisTCPMonitorTcpmon]

or you may also use the soap monitor

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#AppendixUsingTheSOAPMonitor

Another possibility is also to use tcptrace

http://www.pocketsoap.com/tcptrace/

Hope this helps you.
Have a nice day and week

José Ferreiro