Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Christoph Büscher <ch...@neofonie.de> on 2008/08/20 17:10:02 UTC

Is it possible to "manually" trigger batchProcessComplete?

Hi,

I recently used the CasProcessors <checkpoint> element to periodically flush the
results of some of my processors results to a database. However, triggering the
batchProcessComplete() method if the processor via the checkpoint seems only
possible after a fixed number of documents (the batch=xxx attribute) configured
at start time. I'm wondering if it is somehow possible to trigger this
programatically. For example I would like to trigger the "batchProcessComplete"
after certain documents (which I can already identify in the collection reader).

Is there a way of telling the UIMA framework to do so?

--
Christoph Büscher

Re: Is it possible to "manually" trigger batchProcessComplete?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christoph,

The only programmatic way to pass info from a collection reader to an
analysis engine is via CAS content. This would bypass
batchProcessComplete altogether.

Eddie