Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/14 10:53:41 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.15.0.0 and UI [RC2]

LS,
After a user called a blocker we worked this weekend on his PR for it, and
have an RC2.... as before,

We are voting for the new UI and the main code.

The candidate release branch is 4.15.0.0-RC20201214T1124. The UI is still
separate but as agreed upon before this will be merged in coming releases,
at least from a version management point of view.
I've created a 4.15.0.0 release candidate, with the following artifacts up
for a vote:Git Branches:
main code:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.15.0.0-RC20201214T1124
ui code:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-primate.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1.0
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-primate.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0>
and Commit SH:
main code: 993fc11aacf5c8355a6435238bb195f616063e6c
ui code: ed6f56c505e94a9f572bf68a2b4a0e801dd274cc

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.15.0.0/ (rev. 44958)
PGP release keys (signed using 7975062401944786):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYSVote will be open
for (at least) 72 hours.For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members
please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

I will work with community members to provide convenience packaging over
the next few days.
The documentation repo will be updated as we move along, as we might get
some unexpected :-1:s on this candidate.

--
Daan

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.15.0.0 and UI [RC2]

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks @gabriel for his tests. I don't think any of what you tested will be
affected by the code in [1], which has been brought to my attention by
colleagues and is marked as BLOCKER. It is only so on Vmware but will
impact providers and larger clouds. The reason it is a blocker is not in
the PR, so here is my understanding; A user that creates a template from a
VM will have to ask an operator to change its os type. For a large
environment where this is common practice, this is unacceptable. Whether
[1] will affect any of your tests is doubtful, @Gabriel Beims Bräscher
<ga...@gmail.com> , but please have a look. If no one objects, I'll
start a new RC as soon as we have this merged.

[https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/4553]

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)