Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tushar Chavan <tu...@hotmail.com> on 2011/02/12 06:27:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Content Encoding Error :-

Hi Team,

Below is my configuration :

ProxyPass               /irj  http://idstrn:50000/irj
ProxyPassReverse   /irj  http://idstrn:50000/irj

But when I execute http://Apache _host/irj

1> I get blank page in internet explorer
2> I get below error in Firefox.

Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please let me know what could be the reason.

Best Regards,
Tushar.

Re: [users@httpd] Content Encoding Error :-

Posted by Jeroen Geilman <je...@adaptr.nl>.
On 02/12/2011 06:27 AM, Tushar Chavan wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Below is my configuration :
>
> ProxyPass               /irj http://idstrn:50000/irj
> ProxyPassReverse   /irj http://idstrn:50000/irj
>
> But when I execute http://Apache _host/irj
>
> 1> I get blank page in internet explorer
> 2> I get below error in Firefox.
>
> Content Encoding Error
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an
> invalid or unsupported form of compression.
>
> Please let me know what could be the reason.

What does the apache log have to say about it ?

You need to determine whether it is apache or whatever you proxy to that
is causing the issue.

--
J.