Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/10/03 12:57:32 UTC

order of imports

Checkstyle hates the following. I am failing to find any variation that
it accepts. Then I double-checked the XML file, and it says 'junit'
where it should say 'org.junit'. Except that adding the org. has the
effect of busting the build. There must be something simple I'm missing
here.

import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.net.URL;
import java.util.Properties;

import
org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer;
import org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader;
import org.springframework.context.support.GenericApplicationContext;
import org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource;
import org.springframework.core.io.Resource;
import org.junit.Test;
import static org.junit.Assert.fail;

Re: order of imports

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Checkstyle hates the following. I am failing to find any variation
> that it accepts. Then I double-checked the XML file, and it says
> 'junit' where it should say 'org.junit'. Except that adding the org.
> has the effect of busting the build.

That's probably leftover from when we used JUnit 3.   I think when we
went JUnit 4, we just let the org.junit stuff fall in with the rest of
the org.* stuff.

> There must be something simple
> I'm missing here.

It's the static import.   I completely gave up trying to get checkstyle
and eclipse to play nicely with each other.   I think checkstyle just
takes whatever is after the "import " and alphabetizes them.   Thus:
import org.junit.Test;
would go before
import org.springframework.....;
but the line: