Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sudip Shekhawat <su...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/08 19:35:51 UTC

Database timeout

We have the mailets query the databse to check for rules while processing
mails. We had a new configuartion of MYSQL installed with a very large value
for connections timeouts.

Now we get these errors at times,

08/12/03 08:32:26 INFO  database-connections.MailetDB:  ***** connection 8
is way too old: 60224 > 60000
08/12/03 08:32:26 INFO  database-connections.MailetDB: java.lang.Throwable
        at
org.apache.james.util.mordred.PoolConnEntry.lock(PoolConnEntry.java:135)
        at
org.apache.james.util.mordred.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(JdbcDataSource.java:178)
        at
com.privacyinc.myprivacypolicy.mppswitch.mailets.lReplyMailet.getUser(ReplyMailet.java:262)
        at
com.privacyinc.myprivacypolicy.mppswitch.mailets.MailReplyMailet.service(ReplyMailet.java:409)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:439)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:441)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:370)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:89)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:125)

08/12/03 09:13:35 INFO  database-connections.MailetDB: java.lang.Throwable
        at
org.apache.james.util.mordred.PoolConnEntry.lock(PoolConnEntry.java:135)
        at
org.apache.james.util.mordred.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(JdbcDataSource.java:178)
        at
com.privacyinc.myprivacypolicy.mppswitch.mailets.ReplyMailet.getUser(ReplyMailet.java:262)
        at
com.privacyinc.myprivacypolicy.mppswitch.mailets.ReplyMailet.service(ReplyMailet.java:409)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:439)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:441)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:370)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:89)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:125)

We can change the 60000 timeout value in the james config file to a much
higher value.

The question is would this solve the problem and not craete any new ones?

thanks in advance

Re: Database timeout

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Sudip Shekhawat wrote:
> We have the mailets query the databse to check for rules while
> processing mails. We had a new configuartion of MYSQL installed with a
> very large value for connections timeouts.
>
> Now we get these errors at times,
>

> 08/12/03 08:32:26 INFO  database-connections.MailetDB:  ***** connection
> 8 is way too old: 60224 > 60000
 >
> We can change the 60000 timeout value in the james config file to a much
> higher value.

I don't remember if this was answered, but the answer is no.  We've
moved to a new connection pooling code in 2.2, so try to upgrade if you can.

--
Serge Knystautas
President