Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/07/01 00:01:13 UTC

Re: Alpha 5

Nope. Release early, release often. I'll work on a release after the DAV is
up and running. If a5 happens to come out before then, well fine.

We are not in the "release often" mode right now. We should never hold up
for specific changes. Just release it. Those changes will appear in the next
release. Simple as that.

Slowing down a release cycle is only helpful for *final* releases. People
don't want to upgrade their 1.3.x servers every two weeks. But alphas?
Almost by definition, these are not production servers, but test/play/dev
servers. If thsoe people feel like picking up a new version, they will. No
harm in tossing another one out there. In fact, it can do a lot of good.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Alpha 5

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > > I know it's a bit of effort but we've had a few changes to configuration
> > > and a wider airing might be in all of our best interests!
> >
> > Sorry about the recent commits, especially if this holds up the alpha.  I
> > just wanted to fix a few bugs today.  :-)
>
> what's the status of the bug system?

We are using GNATS for right now.  When Brian finishes with newlocus, I
believe we will be talking again about bugzilla or the tigris system.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Alpha 5

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > I know it's a bit of effort but we've had a few changes to configuration
> > and a wider airing might be in all of our best interests!
>
> Sorry about the recent commits, especially if this holds up the alpha.  I
> just wanted to fix a few bugs today.  :-)

what's the status of the bug system?

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>