Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> on 2020/02/22 16:52:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] RFC - 08 : Record level indexing mechanisms for Hudi datasets

As Aapche Hudi is getting widely adopted, performance has become the need
of the hour. This RFC focusses on improving performance of the Hudi index
by introducing record level index. The proposal is to implement a new index
format that is a mapping of (recordKey <-> partition, fileId) or
((recordKey, partitionPath) → fileId). This mapping will be stored and
maintained by Hudi as another implementation of HoodieIndex. This record
level indexing will definitely give a boost to both read and write
performance.

Here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/RFC+-+08+%3A+Record+level+indexing+mechanisms+for+Hudi+datasets>
is the link to RFC.

Appreciate your review and thoughts.

-Sivabalan

Re: [DISCUSS] RFC - 08 : Record level indexing mechanisms for Hudi datasets

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <va...@gmail.com>.
+1. Lets do it :)

Balaji.V

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.