Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com> on 2015/06/18 12:03:16 UTC

Group Level Validation for deployment policies in an Application

Hi Devs,

Currently we don't have a validation mechanism for the deployment policies
that are defined in group level as well as cartridges. Due to that we can
define child group to have a separate deployment policy regardless of the
parent group's deployment policy. I have implemented the group validation
for deployment policies as below.

1. If the parent group has a deployment policy, all the child groups and
cartridges will inherit that. So we should not define deployment policies
in lower level.

2. If the parent group does not have a deployment policy, all the
cartridges should have a deployment policy. So we need to define the
deployment policy in *subscribableInfo* section in the cartridge.

I have attached two sample json files.
app1.json - Deployment policy is not defined in group level. So cartridges
should have them.
app2.json - Group level has the deployment policy. So cartridges within the
group should not have them.

Please review and merge the PR in [1].

[1] - https://github.com/apache/stratos/pull/371

Thank you!
--

*Pubudu Gunatilaka*
Software Engineer

Re: Group Level Validation for deployment policies in an Application

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Great work Pubudu! I have now merged the pull request to master branch.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: Group Level Validation for deployment policies in an Application

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,