Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Christopher_Ong <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/12 12:26:33 UTC

Non-persistent expired msg problem

Hi, may I know is there a configuration at the activemq.xml to remove the msg
which has been expired from it's specific queue permanently (mean auto
remove when the non-persistent msg has been expired)? thanks in advance

Re: Non-persistent expired msg problem

Posted by hbruch <ho...@isb-ag.de>.
In AMQ 4.0.2 expired persistent messages are regularly removed from the
message store. AFAIK, non-persistent messages are only dropped if requested
by a consumer, which might be later than the expiration time or even never.
Currently, the removal takes place in the consumer which still causes
network traffic, even if the message has expired.

Regards,
Holger

Re: Non-persistent expired msg problem

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
Hi,

AFAIK, expired messages are automatically removed so you don't need to
worry about cleanup of expired messages.

Regards,
Jonas