Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by DJP JEAN-PROST Dominique <dj...@sofaxis.com> on 2003/12/03 09:38:19 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd killed by signal 11

Hello,

I'm currently trying to setup apache 2.0.46 to proxy HTTP request to
weblogic server 6.1sp4. I'm using bea plugin mod_wl_20.so, and I want to use
SSL between apache and weblogic (by the way, I also use SSL between client
and apache).
Apache is running on mandrake 9.1 with security level to minimum, and
weblogic is running on a w2k pro machine. I use openssl0.9.7a. I recompiled
apache with these parameters :
CFLAGS="-DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE";export CFLAGS
./configure --enable-so --enable-ssl --enable-rewrite --enable-proxy --disab
le-status --disable-autoindex --disable-cgi --disable-imap --with-ssl=/usr/i
nclude/openssl

I think my configuration is quite standard.
While running, I discovered that a lot of httpd process keep on beeing
killed with signal 11. These process are then restarted which cause a
certain load on the machine and that makes the whole process (managing a
client HTTP request) very slow. I have to say that if I use directly
weblogic bypassing apache, the slowness disappears.

Here is an excerpt of /usr/local/apache2/logs/http_error log :
Signal 11 caught by ps (procps version 3.1.6).
Please send bug reports to <acahalan@cs.uml.edu <ma...@cs.uml.edu>>
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/w: Permission denied
/proc/net/route: Permission denied
ne peut ouvrir /proc/net/snmp: Permission denied
Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev (Permission denied). Limited output.
ls: /etc: Permission denied
ls: /tmp: Permission denied

Here is now an excerpt of /var/logs/kernel/errors :
Nov 18 10:15:53 geronimo kernel: grsec: time set by (hwclock:23706) UID(0)
EUID(0)
, parent (rc.sysinit:28364) UID(0) EUID(0)
Nov 19 06:21:40 geronimo kernel: grsec: signal 11 sent to (ps:218)
UID(65534) EUID
(65534), parent (httpd:26084) UID(65534) EUID(65534)

I searched the whole internet to find a solution, and I didn't find one.
I really hope gurus reading this newsgroup will be able to help me.

Regards,

Dom

PS: needless to say I can give my httpd.conf and ssl.conf, but I don't know
if I can give it in this newsgroup.

Ce message (et toutes les pièces jointes), sont confidentiels; son contenu ne représente en aucun cas un engagement de la part de
DEXIA-SOFAXIS, DEXIA-SOFCAP, DEXIA-SOFCAH. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, même partielle, doit être autorisée
préalablement par l'émetteur. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur.
Consultez notre site internet http://www.sofaxis.com