Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/09 22:16:37 UTC

Validate data consistency after nodetool rebuild

Hello,

I am trying to expand my C* cluster to a new region, followed by keyspace
expansion and nodetool rebuild -- sourceDC.
Once the rebuild process is complete, is there a way to identify if all the
data between two regions is in sync? Since the data size is large, I
cannot run select count(*). Is there a better way to validate?

C* Version : 3.11.X

Re: Validate data consistency after nodetool rebuild

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Not in 3.11, though 4.0 adds preview repair which can sorta do this if
you're also running incremental repair.

Just run nodetool repair, use subranges if needed. If you stream data,
they're out of sync. If you don't stream data, they're in sync.