Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Menard <st...@interfacing.com> on 2003/07/21 21:32:49 UTC

Batik, PDFTranscoder, FOP and scripting

Hello. I have looked through the FAQ and found a similar question related to
bitmap generation. Unfortunately the answer does not seem to apply to my
problem.

I need to convert a SVG document to PDF. Easy enough using the
PDFTranscoder. However, I need the onload scripts to run. I am aware of the
KEY_EXECUTE_ONLOAD hint but that does not apply to PDF, only to subclasses
of SVGAbstractTranscoder. PDFTranscoder is not one of those.

I would be willing to generate the XSl-FO xml if that's what's required.

Can this be done? If it works for bitmaps it should also be doable for PDF.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Steve

Re: Batik, PDFTranscoder, FOP and scripting

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Steve Menard wrote:
> I need to convert a SVG document to PDF. Easy enough using the
> PDFTranscoder. However, I need the onload scripts to run. I am aware of the
> KEY_EXECUTE_ONLOAD hint but that does not apply to PDF, only to subclasses
> of SVGAbstractTranscoder. PDFTranscoder is not one of those.
>
> I would be willing to generate the XSl-FO xml if that's what's required.
>
> Can this be done? If it works for bitmaps it should also be doable for PDF.

It can be done with XSLFO/FOP, but not out-ot-the-box. You need to
track down the patch which adds support for a JS string to be executed
on loading the PDF by Acrobat Reader which was posted either to Bugzilla
or one of the fop lists. Nobody bothered to check whether the patch
runs with renderers other than PDF, therefore it didn't go into a
distribution.

J.Pietschmann