Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org> on 2005/06/23 05:47:38 UTC

Request for help: Tassel (tapestry component archive) stylesheet

Anybody who's used tassel (http://equalitylearning.org/Tassel/app) knows
that the stylesheet and layout are pretty bad. I've known that since day
one when I threw together the stylesheet in an hour or two. ;) I'd say
that the #1 request for improving Tassel is improving the layout.

Tassel is laid-out entirely using css. There are a lot of extra div's
and span's in there, giving someone handy with css a lot of flexibility
in positioning, etc. without ever changing the template.

I'd like to fix the layout, but there are a number of issues which make
it difficult to me to do so. The number 1 issue is that I do not have
ready access to a true 1024x768 display, which is what  most people will
be using.  The systems that I use regularly have odd resolutions
(1920x1200 and 1400x1050; they are both laptops, so setting the
resolution to 1024x768 will not necessarily give "correct" results).

I'm requesting assistance from anyone willing to give it.  If you're
handy with css and have a 1024x768 monitor and want to see the layout of
Tassel fixed, write me off list.

You'll get the credit for the layout.  Also, if there is more than one
response, and I end up going with someone else's layout, the work isn't
in vain; on the backend, Tassel supports user-specified stylesheets.
Like your stylesheet better than the one that got picked? I'll set your
user account up to use your stylesheet. :)

Robert

Stale link again

Posted by Alexander Kolesnikov <ak...@galactica.ru>.
Sorry to reintroduce this topic again, but from the previous discussion
I didn't understand what happens in my case.

I am requesting a web service to get a list of cities, based on some
criteria. After I've got it, I want to display this list as a drop-down
list. So I am using the PropertySelection component creating its model
like this:

chosenCities = new StringPropertySelectionModel(displayCities);

where displayCities is a String[] containing cities to display.

At first this creation of chosenCities model happened in getChosenCities
() method.

When the first request is made, everything works fine. But when I change
criteria and make the second request, I get the following:

***
You have clicked on a stale link.

Rewind of form registration/dateForm expected 1 more form elements,
starting with id 'foundCities'.
***

Here foundCities is the id of the PropertySelection.

After reading the previous discussion of stale links I decided that the
reason for this problem is that I am creating the model out of form's
submit method. I moved this code into the form submit method, but the
problem persists.

What can be that other form element starting with 'foundCities'?

Thanks!