Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ajitesh Das <ad...@zona.net> on 2004/09/21 01:22:05 UTC

OJB's support for object migration: [e.g torque table schema- how to alter existing table ]

Hi List:
I like to know if anybody who uses OJB platform in his product has done
anything on object model migration. This seems to be a missing piece in
OJB project. Am I missing something?
Example Scenario:
I have an existing application that uses OJB as OR platform contains a
set of business objects.
In this new release, we are altering the definition of business object
by adding new fields for some objects and deleting some fields for
others. I would like to know how other users are handling the two
situations: (a) When you add a new field to an existing object and (b)
when you delete a field in an existing object. So that the old data can
be kept and properly defaulted.

I have searched the Wiki ,docs and mail archive but could not find any
recommendation/reference from the OJB developers/gurus or reference to
some design patterns.

Regds
 Ajitesh