Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by coolsoul <co...@apache.org> on 2020/03/22 03:13:04 UTC

Podling Apisix Report - April 2020

Hello everyone, I finished the first draft of the quarterly report. Please
review the report and your advice is welcome.

## APISIX

APISIX is a cloud-native microservices API gateway, delivering the
ultimate performance, security, open source and scalable platform for
all your APIs and microservices.

APISIX is based on Nginx and etcd. Compared with traditional API
gateways, APISIX has dynamic routing and plug-in hot loading, which is
especially suitable for API management under micro-service system.

APISIX has been incubating since 2019-10-17.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. More Apache Releases and more committers act as release manager to
 release a version.
 2. More committers and PPMC members.
 3. Branding issues in the documentation, code, website, etc.

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 None

### How has the community developed since the last report?

 - We have some talks about how to build a good dashboard for impoving
easiness of using Apache APISXI
, Mar 14th. Then it can make more users quick get start and learn about
this project.
 - We strengthen interaction/cooperation with other APISXI project. E.g.
APISIX skywalking.
 - We have 14 committers and 69 contributors (including 14 committers)
 contributing to Apache APISIX.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

 The project has been quite health, with more than 255 pull requests, 120 of
 them have being merged since the last report. These pull requests are
authored by a
 diverse set of contributors. In order to guide more users to get started,
 we have added a quick start guide and enriched more documents. Continue to
 remind people to communicate via the Apache APISIX mailing list.

 During the peroid,we release two versions(1.0 and 1.1). the Pull Request
is mainly
 divided three aspects:
 - Fixing Apache APISIX bug.
 - add new feature and strengthen the stability of the code.
 - enrich more documents.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 - [ ] Initial setup
 - [ ] Working towards first release
 - [X] Community building
 - [ ] Nearing graduation
 - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

 Fri Feb 24 2020 (1.1)

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 At Mar 15 2020 PPMC members elected a new PPMC @Sheng Wu who help us a lot
 on the mail list. he also share the experience on the apache community.
 At Mar 16 2020 PPMC members elected a new commiter @spacewander who
contributed
 a lot for some new features.

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

 Mentors are responsive and helpful. Things tend to be on the right way.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

 Yes, We keep tracking podling's brand / trademarks.

### Signed-off-by:

 - [] (apisix) Willem Ning Jiang
    Comments:
 - [] (apisix) Justin Mclean
    Comments:
 - [] (apisix) Kevin Ratnasekera
    Comments:
 - [] (apisix) Von Gosling
    Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes:

Re: Podling Apisix Report - April 2020

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
hi,I think you missed many important things of APISIX, please take a look
first:
https://incubator.apache.org/projects/apisix.html

coolsoul <co...@apache.org>于2020年3月22日 周日上午11:13写道:

> [...]
>
>  - [ ] Initial setup
>  - [ ] Working towards first release
>  - [X] Community building
>  - [ ] Nearing graduation
>  - [ ] Other:
>
> ### Date of last release:
>
>  Fri Feb 24 2020 (1.1)
>
> ### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
>
>  At Mar 15 2020 PPMC members elected a new PPMC @Sheng Wu who help us a lot
>  on the mail list. he also share the experience on the apache community.
>  At Mar 16 2020 PPMC members elected a new commiter @spacewander who
> contributed
>  a lot for some new features.
>
> ### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
>
>  Mentors are responsive and helpful. Things tend to be on the right way.
>
> ### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
>
>  Yes, We keep tracking podling's brand / trademarks.

Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

Re: Podling Apisix Report - April 2020

Posted by suo zhang <co...@gmail.com>.
thanks for your review. i will fix it soon in next version

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2020年3月22日周日 下午12:09写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Good to see the report being worked on early.

> ### How has the community developed since the last report?
>
> - We have some talks about how to build a good dashboard for impoving
> easiness of using Apache APISXI

APISIX I think you mean :-)

> , Mar 14th. Then it can make more users quick get start and learn about
> this project.
> - We strengthen interaction/cooperation with other APISXI project. E.g.
> APISIX skywalking.

Some here.