Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ne...@ca.ibm.com on 2002/03/21 16:30:05 UTC

xerces and schema identity constraints

Hi folks,

Noticing the recent flurry of queries and bug reports concerning Xerces
support of aspects of schema identity constraints, I thought it would be
useful to let the community know that this stuff is going to be revisited
very soon.  Identity constraint validation is about the only portion of
schema support that, for various reasons, wasn't completely redesigned and
rethought from Xerces 1; and the xerces 1 implementation itself was more
than a bit on the rushed side.

So hopefully within 2 or 3 weeks there will be some progress on this front.
In the meantime, if folks who have problems can post (or send privately to
me if you prefer) complete schemas/instance docs that illustrate problems,
we can make sure those problems are fixed once we get down to work.

Thanks!
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development