Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/25 00:08:34 UTC

Squashing JMX file format further

There are quite a few l.o.n.g names still present in the new JMX
format, for example:

<elementProp name="XX"
elementType="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.Cookie">

Also, all the TestElements have entries of the form:

<AuthManager>
<stringProp name="TestElement.name">HTTP Authorization Manager</stringProp>
<stringProp name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.gui.AuthPanel</stringProp>

I'd like to simplify these, to:

<elementProp name="XX" elementType="Cookie">

and

<AuthManager name="HTTP Authorization Manager" gui="AuthPanel">

As far as I can see it won't be difficult to maintain backward compatibility.
I've already tried with TestElementPropertyConverter, and that seems
to work well.

The TestElementConverter would need to be able to convert between
aliases and class names rather than classes,  but that can easily be
done by adding a reverse mapping for the saveservice properties file.
[This would have the benefit that one could check for multiple aliases
at the same time.]

Any objections/thoughts?

S.

Re: Squashing JMX file format further

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK.

The format won't be backwards compatible, unless the extra compression
is made optional. Might see about adding that (only need to do it for
saving).

S.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.