Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/08/15 03:10:03 UTC

Re: config/2857: VirtualHosts and NameVirtualHost does not work as documented.

The following reply was made to PR config/2857; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: Forrest Aldrich <fo...@forrie.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/2857: VirtualHosts and NameVirtualHost does not    work
 as documented.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 18:06:07 -0700 (PDT)

 So you have one and only one virtualhost in your configuration?

 As documented, if you have one virtualhost and a NameVirtualHost directive
 for that IP that virtualhost will get _all_ connections to that IP.

 Yet you say that isn't what you are seeing, yet you also say that "the
 server will assume the identity of the virtualhost directive".  I don't
 see how those two things can fit.

 When you access the virtualhost, what do you get?

 When you access the "main server" what do you get?

 Give a full list of all the cases where you think the site you try to
 access and the site you get are different.

 Life is far easier if you can just give real names, and say "I try to
 access http://foo/ and get my config for bar, etc."  It doesn't matter if
 the names or IPs can't be reached from the world.