Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp> on 2007/06/01 04:34:24 UTC

Re: Shipwreck when downloading T5.0.5

adasal wrote:
> I can use this to run 5.0.4 as per Daniel Jue but I cannot run 5.0.5.
> I have cheated(?) and installed 5.0.4 tapestry-core as 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT then
> if I e.g. mvn clean install -U this is the console output. It looks for the
> corresponding pom which it doesn't find.
> Otherwise, without the cheat, it would ask for the 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT be
> downloaded manually. I am very unclear how to do that or if that is what I
> should do.
> In short I don't get how to grab a snapshot using maven. Any ideas?
> Adam

You enable snapshots for a particular repository in the pom. In this case:

     <repository>
       <id>tapestry-snapshots</id>
       <url>http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-snapshot-repository/</url>
     </repository>

Cheers,
Nick.

Re: Shipwreck when downloading T5.0.5

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Oh yeah, I had to manually install Itext into my repository using a
maven command.  I am using it to write PDFs and it is not a required
Tapestry thing.

I have used maven 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 with great success.  2.0.6 was the
first version I had ever used.

One other thing, I have stopped using the m2eclipse plugin because it
seems to rewrite my POM, and it does not keep the extra information
included in the jetty plugin tag.  thus, after it rewrites my POM, I
can't run jetty via mvn jetty:run, unless I paste the variables back
in the xml.  What a pain.

"All we want to do is program with Tapestry"
sigh

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi and thanks.
I am not quite there yet.
I guess maybe simplest would be to delete anything todo with
5.0.5-SNAPSHOTin my local maven repo.
At the moment what I have found after creating a directory and pom under
tapestry-core --> 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT I get the following (truncated to end) when
I run mvn clean install -U .
Is there anything obvious that I have done wrong. Seems I need to read up on
maven, though may not have the time at moment.
Adam

Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-snapshot-repository//org/
apache/tapestry/tapestry-project/5.0.5-SNAPSHOT/tapestry-
project-5.0.5-20070529.
054438-5.pom
10K downloaded
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Compiling 2 source files to
C:\workspace\tapestry-maven\myapp\target\clas
ses
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO] Compilation failure

C:\workspace\tapestry-maven\myapp\src\main\java\org\example\myapp\services\AppMo
dule.java:[8,43] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Contribute
location: package org.apache.tapestry.ioc.annotations

C:\workspace\tapestry-maven\myapp\src\main\java\org\example\myapp\services\AppMo
dule.java:[9,43] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Id
location: package org.apache.tapestry.ioc.annotations

C:\workspace\tapestry-maven\myapp\src\main\java\org\example\myapp\services\AppMo
dule.java:[20,1] cannot find symbol
symbol: class Id
@Id("app")

C:\workspace\tapestry-maven\myapp\src\main\java\org\example\myapp\services\AppMo
dule.java:[23,5] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Contribute
location: class org.example.myapp.services.AppModule

C:\workspace\tapestry-maven\myapp\src\main\java\org\example\myapp\services\AppMo
dule.java:[73,5] cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Contribute
location: class org.example.myapp.services.AppModule

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 19 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jun 01 11:18:44 BST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/13M
[INFO]