Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Santamauro <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 15:56:56 UTC

Re: shard1 gone missing ... (upgrade to 4.6.1)

Mark, I am testing the upgrade and indexing gives me this error:

914379 [http-apr-8080-exec-4] ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore  ?
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid UTF-8 middle byte 0xe0 (at
char #1, byte #-1)

... and a bunch of these

request:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/col1/update?update.distrib=TOLEADER&distrib.from=http%3A%2F%2Fxx.xx.xx.xx%3A8080%2Fcol1%2F&wt=javabin&version=2
         at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer$Runner.run(ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer.java:240)
         at
         at
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
1581335 [updateExecutor-1-thread-7] ERROR
org.apache.solr.update.StreamingSolrServers  ? error
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Bad Request

Nothing else in the process chain has changed. Does this have anything
to do with the deprecated warnings:

WARN  org.apache.solr.handler.UpdateRequestHandler  ? Using deprecated
class: XmlUpdateRequestHandler -- replace with UpdateRequestHandler

thanks

David