Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/14 17:29:43 UTC

GUI route builder

I imagine such a thing exists, but I can't find one.  Is there a GUI
tool, or possibly IDE plugin that allows you to visually create routes
in Camel?

Re: GUI route builder

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

The Fuse tool project abandoned was Fuse Integration Designer. In fact
it was an Eclipse version embedding SOA and a Bull project called
cimeno.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - Karaf - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard

Re: GUI route builder

Posted by Hossein <ma...@csc.com>.
I agree. IntelliJ IDEA is a great IDE. Make sure you also get the OSGi
plugin; http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?idea&id=1816

--
Hossein

Re: GUI route builder

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>  Hi Claus,
>
> wasn´t there a GUI for camel in the fuse portfolio since some time? I
> remember to have seen such a tool that
> visualized the EAI patterns or was this only experimental?
>
> Personally I do not really miss a visual editor for routes. Rather than that
> I miss a good text based editor that has all the features of the java editor
> in Eclipse.
> I always have the problem that I can´t remember the exact syntax of the
> spring language and the expression languages of camel. An editor with code
> completion and context sensitive help would
> really do wonders here.

Intellij IDEA is that editor :) It understand maven, ant, spring, xml,
scala, groovy and got all the help with ctrl + space and the likes.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/